4-20-2021 Grand Canyon Bound

Two men walked on opposite sides of a river. One shouts to the other, “How do I get on the other side of the river?!” The second man shouts back, “You ARE on the other side of the river!!”


4/20/2021

Tomorrow, I head to the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas for a Rafting Trip that has been in the planning for 3 years, including 2 postponements due to COVID. I'll be going from Lee's Ferry to Whitmore Wash for a total on 181 miles and more than 1000 rapids over 7 days.


John Wesley Powell did the same trip in 1869 (Read: Down the Great Unknown) in 3 row boats. I expect that my raft will be better equipped. 


I'll share pictures on my return. In the meantime here's a video to let you know what I'll be experiencing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B302rrXpB9A


I expect that my itinerary will get me to a point nearest the South Rim on Saturday, April 25th at about 7:40PM EST/5:40PM MST, wave and I’ll wave back: https://www.earthcam.com/usa/arizona/grandcanyon/?cam=grandcanyon


“You cannot see the Grand Canyon in one view, as if it were a changeless spectacle from which a curtain might be lifted, but to see it you have to toil from month to month through its labyrinths.”, John Wesley Powell

 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snyder/Gouline/Highstein/Bass - 2023 New Year / 5784 Rosh Hashana Genealogy Letter

As the War rages on, people of Ukraine need help with the little things

I found my Maternal Great-Grand Father Jacob Gouline (Galon) in Ukraine