Aug 15/16 - Birzai

I took a 5 mile walk in the morning. No knowledge of the town, just snapped pictures of old buildings. On my walk, I stopped by an old brick building and picked an apple ... a little wormy, had a couple bites.


During our tour it was identified as the old synagogue.





This was one of 2 surviving of 6 Synagogues. The other next door was Hasidic.




Jews had all this side of the river. Across from the synagogue, on my walk, I had taken a few pictures of an overturned boat and parts of the river.









Nearby was the market. Also photographed during my walk.








Grandpa Charles and his parents Max and Celia left a nice little town.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snyder/Gouline/Highstein/Bass - 2023 New Year / 5784 Rosh Hashana Genealogy Letter

As the War rages on, people of Ukraine need help with the little things

I found my Maternal Great-Grand Father Jacob Gouline (Galon) in Ukraine